The house is a large detached house with a dashed exterior, garage.
We were called to the property by the client because of a loss of pressure in their heating system and the smell of damp.
The property had a mixture of concrete and suspended wooden floors on the ground floor level and no signs of water damage in the ceilings.
The customer showed me the pressure gauge which was low, so I topped up the pressure to carry out an acoustic survey to find the leak
I then started with an acoustic survey to check if there was a leak in any of the pipes on the downstairs heating circuit. Further investigation located a leak on the return pipe at the radiator in the kitchen which was under a tiled floor.
The client did not want the floor touched as it was near Christmas so I gave them the option of isolating the radiator until they got their insurance sorted out.
When lifting the floorboards to isolate the radiator I noticed a lot of damp damage and that underneath was totally saturated as had probably been leaking a long time.
Damp, mold and fungus were present underneath as shown in the images.
A Visual and an acoustic survey has concluded there was a leak from the return heating pipe to the radiator, under the floor of the kitchen. I isolated the leak by stop ending the water pipe feeding the radiator and this confirmed it was the cause of the leak by a further acoustic survey.
The client was advised that extensive drying was needed, which we could provide.
The client was also advised that it would be better that of both pipes to that radiator should be replaced.
The client was also advised all works could be carried out by ourselves and put back to its original state